Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vacation Fidgets


Our upcoming summer family vacation is within the reach.  I've been looking at the calendar in my cubicle more than once and have been starting to count down every day.   Whenever I think about my vacation, I wish that I could pass the time so quickly so that it'll be my vacation day right away.  I got such vacation fever for every single vacation of mine when they are just right around the corner.   When it's a day or two right before the vacation, it's needless to mention that I'm already in the vacation mode and could not even quite focus on the work.  :P

Well, the thing is that they still are not the beginnings of all those fidgets.  When one is to trace them back, it starts out all the way up from the planning.  Okay, here is how it works.

When something clicks my mind or triggers an opportunity for a vacation location, that's where all it starts.  After discussing and confirming with him about the location, the next step is setting the date and duration of it of course.  Then, depending on where we'll be going and which mode of transportation would be using, I would start looking into and shopping around the options.
Then, most of my lunch times will be used for researching , comparing and shopping around all available options.  There are usually plenty to be arranged: transportation, accommodation and so on.

And it doesn't end there though.   Once they have been set, the next big thing is to do the research about the place and see the places of interest there.  I usually invest days after days for reading and learning about them.

Well, once everything is in order, the fidgets are usually in a bit more controlled.  However, just like now when the vacation is right around the corner, it pokes me up and all the fidgets have been stirred up again until the actual happiest days have come.
This is usually how I look like before going to vacation :D

So, you might think that that will be it for the conclusion of all fidgets.  No, no, no, no!  You'll be absolutely wrong if you ground your thoughts in that way.  The worst fidgets are the ones which come right after the vacation.  Think about your Sunday night blues!  Trust me, the vacation blues are usually worst than them.   

Alright, reasons?  Let me explain how it goes:  for Sunday night blues, it's only for two-days weekend.  But the vacation blues are for at least one week away from the work so they'd better be worse than Sunday blues, agree? :P   Really, those seem to be the roughest days at work ever!   Oh, there I go again!  Just forcing and coping myself to enjoy whatever I'm doing at work.
LOL, This is how it likes after coming back from vacation, :P 

Well, not too bad after a couple of weeks have been passed since I usually get used to with going back to work by then.  Days got improved and better and smoother over time until the planning of the next vacation comes, :P.  

If a vacation is a pebble then me at the work will be the surface of water.    The surface of the water is clam, smooth and intact until a pebble is thrown onto it.  That's how it gets the effects and waves on the surface.  So do my vacation fidgets are.  LOL.  :P

Always looking forward to another vacation, :P 

PS: If you are a workaholic who loves your job so much, no offense to you.  Just disregard my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment