Monday, June 11, 2012

Words can strike the lives

(Courtesy of Google)


"Words".  We use them everyday as a communication medium.  Literally they are used to convey the intended messages to their recipients.  They could make one happy, overjoyed, sad, cry, upset, depressed, feel loved or rejected, just to name a few.  They have the power to make your best friend your enemy or your enemy to become your friend depending on how you use them.  Don't you agree?  I have some analytic to prove or convince this :)

A lot of times, when we speak them to the recipients out of our feelings. Without paying much attention or emphasis, what we communicate mostly reflect how we feel or what we think.  It's particularly true for our daily informal conversations with people around us. 

Recently, I came across a Facebook status where a mother rephrasing her about-4-year-old son's words to her.  Her son told her that he didn't want her anymore and wanted her to pass away.  A 4 years old might have just told them to his mom out of his anger without really meaning much but apparently it might have hurt his mom a lot.

Yet I was so shocked while I was reading it.  A series of thoughts automatically triggered in my head simultaneously.  The very first thing which stroke my heart was what if my girls say the same thing to me?  What's more was that the words which I often communicated to my loved ones (my mom and dad, my husband, my girls, etc) did hurt them, especially when I was mad?  An accidental brief encounter of a Facebook status message makes me re-analyze myself which really is a good thing by the way.

When one is really mad, it's exactly when one easily falls into the trap of making such mistakes.  Being blindfolded by anger, it's so easy to make unintended words which will hurt and break someone's heart for which one wouldn't use under normal circumstances.  One of the best examples of it lies within myself.  My rational thoughts and common sense simply diminishes by then and the anger will trigger anything which would hurt its recipients (especially my loved ones).  He usually is my main victim.  Probably he has the most tolerance so I might have taken advantage of him?

The bottom line is that words aren't retractable, just like once one has spit his or her saliva.  Or just like an arrow one has shot to its target.  Reckless ones are the most dangerous.  The grapevine in the working environment or the gossips and rumors in our daily world best explained it.  One's bad foul reckless mouth could destroy the life of someone else forever.  Even the receiving party is forgiving it might at least leave some accumulated wounded marks to them. 

Words are one of the most powerful intangibles.  They could be your charm to win one's heart or they could be the killer weapon which will pierce one's heart.  We need to make sure that when we say it, we mean it.  Speak sensibly and use wisely to avoid any unintended regrets later on.    No matter what, we always need to remember that words can strike our lives!

(Courtesy of Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment