Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I heart beaches

The weather forecast on my phone starts showing 90F for this week.  It's my first time seeing 90 degree ever since we've got here.  After passing May Grey and June Gloom, summer is right here.


What that means is that those countless gorgeous beaches will be super crowded for such a nice and warm weather.  I heart beaches and it's so incredible to live in a city where beaches are just so close by.  From where I grew up, we always gotta make a special plan and reserve a dedicated time to visit a beach.  Going to a beach was a vacation for us.  All I'm trying to say is that beaches are not close by and it would take hours to get there.  To visit Ngapali beach which is considered to be the best beach in my country took us a little more than a day by the bus.  By air will get one within shorter time frame but it'll cost one more of course.


From where we live now, it'll only take about 10 minute drive to a gorgeous beach. And one doesn't necessarily need to stick a beach when there got so many stunning ones to pick from.  To me, that's the beauty and the core of San Diego.  Beaches are so easily accessible to us and it could be the destination of our daily evening strolls if we want to.  Really, we can have a little vacation every week at those beaches.  I can't ask more.  The only downside is that beating the crowd during weekends when they are so easily accessible to everyone.


A beach offers the countless options.  Walking, jogging, surfing, swimming, Frisbee-ing, beach-volleyball, you name it.  Or gazing people or staring and enjoying it beautiful scenes?  Or trying to spot wildlife such as pelicans, storks, seagulls, sea lions?  I really love gazing at the restless sea and its raging tides.  Pampering my bare feet by dipping them into the warm and soft white sand and enjoying the cool breeze which is kissing my face and the gorgeous scenario and surrounding are just so soothing for me.  The settings and surroundings at the beach always make me forget everything but the current moment I'm enjoying there.  I find it's the best stress reliever for me.  It always makes me refreshed and recharged.  There's nothing like spending time with family at beach.


My kids love beaches too.  Beaches never disappoint them.  Building sand castles, playing with sand, running before waves or chasing them, collecting the shells.  There got plenty of activities which will keep them entertain and busy.


One of these days, I see myself camping at a beach with my family from the sun rise til sun set.  Cooling down ourselves by the beach during a warm day will be a wise thing to do.  And relax, relax and RELAX!  It's all about relaxing.  To kill such a beautiful day, I would add a favorite book or two to my list.  What do you say about the lunch picnic and the afternoon nap by the sea?  I had witnessed the sunset at the beach for a couple of times and they were incredibly awesome.  One time at Pacific beach, it was super awesome to witness the sun setting below the horizon, behind the sea. It happened like within a minute or two and I felt so incredible for catching that remarkable moment.  Oh my! Just thinking about it makes me want to do it right away.


Hey, most of all, beaches are free.  We're literally getting a free vacation.  Scratch those big bucks for expensive hotel rooms or resort fees.  One just needs to bring own self and invest a day.  Cost-efficient and affordable mini-staycations without having to cost one much and leaving your own town.  Plus, one can do it periodically and over and over again. Oh, I heart beaches!


No comments:

Post a Comment