Monday, October 29, 2012

Life without internet...



I dropped my digital camera during one of the past weekends and it stopped working.  The fact that it's still pretty new and also not being ready to spend $$$ for a new one, it was really disappointing and annoying.  So with desperation for a free fix, Google was the very first thing which popped up on my mind.  And guess what?  I fixed it from the free blog post of one guy who shows all possible fixes via video.  Bingo! 

We now live in the technology era and Internet virtually is an essential part of our life.  To me, Internet is my knowledge or information ocean.  There're always answers or solutions for pretty much almost all of my questions. 

Once I was with him at his workplace for lunch.  He was approached by his boss and was asked for a technical problem.  He immediately suggested him to look the resolution up via Google.  His boss immediately responded him back that he was asking him just because the internet was down and couldn't get onto Google.  And they both laughed. 

When I'm in an deserted or remote area with very poor or no reception of my phone, I feel so screwed.  I feel so concerned for what I gonna do in case I'm in need of some help or encounter some issues, etc.  When I'm moving into a new place and couldn't get an appointment for the internet setup through the provider company on the very first move-in day, it makes me really frustrated in the sense that I don't know what to do without internet. 

I sometimes wonder how I passed the first few decades of my life without internet.  It sometimes further makes me wonder how people live without internet and electronic communication medium during ancient time.  I can feel the big PAIN back then!

However, flipping the coin will give one a different perspective. Technology can be really exhausting though if it's being overused.  I recently quit facebooking as I become overwhelmed for the time I've been wasting on there and the distraction I got from it.  It could lead to information overloading if one go over limit.  If I sit before my computer during my spare time, I could keep on surfing there until my body signals and commands me to stop as it couldn't take any longer.  You see the point?

This is the point I'm talking about, LOL :P

Just like anything else, "Balance" is the key.  We just have to make sure not to overdo it.  Not sure I get the best out of internet or Internet gets the best out of me :P  Regardless I can't live without internet unless I decide to turn my gadgets and devices off during my vacation to prevent myself from information overloading.  Google is like my virtual H2O.  Life without internet, I simply don't know how.  Another version of it is that "Life without internet, it just sucks!!!".  What's the version of yours? :P


No comments:

Post a Comment