Sunday, March 11, 2012

Make everyday an Appreciation Day!!

Synopsis:  Never take granted for the very ones which most deserve our gratitude

Last week, we went to San Francisco JapanTown and unexpectedly I lost my pink leather Cannon camera case there.  As soon as I knew it, I felt my head got doubled and without even aware of myself I think I yelled out loud to him who was walking a couple of footsteps before me with Michelle.  It sounded to him like I lost a precious diamond ring or something.  He might get an impression that I was over reacting just for a camera case.  But to me, it's my favorite camera case which also goes really well with my Cannon pink camera so it makes sense.  After searching thoroughly a couple of times at all possible places and couldn't find a trace of it, I was absolutely upset.  My earlier cheerful mode was completely spoiled. 

What even worse was that it stirred things up and also caused a fight with him consequently.  I saw the girls were taking the last steps of the staircase which led the way right next to where our car was parked.  So I just turned myself to open the car door so that it would be ready for them to come in.  Little did I expect that Michelle would suddenly dashed toward to the other car door by the street side instead of using this side door which I just opened.  It was so dangerous indeed since cars were coming intermittently at city driving speed (~about 35-45 mph).  Luckily, he who was getting ready for the drive and sitting at the driver seat swiftly came out and grabbed her. 

Overwhelmed by the situation, he was so fierce at my ignorance of Michelle.  He thought that being overly upset for the loss of my camera case had make me not to even care of own kids whom was the most precious treasure we owned.  I was really fed up indeed but I wasn't that insane to become such ignorant to own baby due to that.  Being accused mistakenly and adding more weight to my earlier distress, I was even more igitated by complaining to him that if I were to blame, he was partly responsible for that as why would he need to get ready for the driving in such a hurry, etc.  Just like that, my day was completely runined.  It all started from losing my camera case. 

It was such a warm beautiful family day out but I weren't as happy as what I was supposed to be when we got our next stop at Golden Gate Bridge.  He tried to comfort me before heading to the bridge but it didn't make me feel any better.  Guess that that's what I got for being a tough cookie? :P

The girls and the spectacular views of San Francisco city and surroundings from the bridge's vista point had make me cheer up a little bit but it could not completely dissolve that agitation on my mind.  Guess that I was a time bomb which was just waiting and trying to find a time to explode the rest of the indigestion on my mind.

On that evening after getting home, it finally got exploded when he gave a call to his home as it was his sister's big day.  It was her wedding day so I normally would not have an issue for that call.  However, my agitated anger helplessly broke for picking the wrong time to make the call with the following accusations to him: 1) taking his family higher precedence than me and 2) completely ignoring me by knowing the fact that I was still feeling distressed.  I ended up not talking to him for the rest of the evening.

There is a saying that time is a good cure.  I can't agree more to it.  My anger dissolved over the time after calming myself down.  Then I came to my senses and started to second-guess the incident during the following morning. I really love my camera case and yes, it's pink!  After looking up on Amazon for the exact same replacement case and realizing that it would cause me nearly 20 bucks, it made me mourn my case even more. 

But WAIT!  A week ago while I was putting it inside my handbag, the peanut butter cream from the chocolate I kept in my bag for girls somehow came through the broken wrapper and was all over it.  I was loud at that time as well as soon as I noticed that my camera case got dirty.  At that time, we were traveling to Bodega Bay and all I could do was to wipe those dirty thingy out with tissue paper as clean as possible.  I noted to myself that I gonna wash it off once I'd got home but it didn't happen.  Right, you got me!  I've completely forgotten about it.

If I do really love and appreciate it, why would I even forget and treasure it and keep it well back then?  "Forget" does not sound like a good excuse for something you really love and appreciate. 

As I thought out loud, I came to realize that it wasn't just this camera case for which I always thought I really like it but didn't treasure it much.  There are also several other my favorite stuff to which I treated the same just like my camera case and don't take care them really well.  Just because they are mine and they are available for me all the time, I was ignorant and take them for granted perhaps. 

I usually forget to be grateful and appreciate of my eyes until I've seen a blind person.  I don't think I really take care and appreciate really well of my hands and legs until I've came across a disabled person.  These are just a few example instances and there apparently are many more to name.

But when I loose them, the attachment I've for it makes me suffer the loss and also make me conscious about how much I like it and how much it means to me.  In my case, the cost of replacement for my camera case was a reminder of its value to me again. 

Well, these are just physical objects which could still might be able to be replaced in case I lost them.  Even if I couldn't I'm sure that I could live it without and my suffering for its loss will fade over time. 

But how about the persons who really love and care me and whom I also love and care about them as well?  Especially the one who endures me, the one who shares every ups and downs: the one who supports and walks me through during the darkest days of my life, the one who comforts and brings me smile whenever I feel down, the one who never tricks or trips me without any single jealousy and shares all my happiness I've got?  The one who is really geninue to me for everything; the one who will be by my side no matter what. 

Where do I find the second one if I loose him?  Apparently I can't afford to loose him at all cost.  He absolutely is IRREPLACEABLE to me. 

Yeah, I guess I was taking him for granted.  I went a little bit too far.I was taking advantage of his love and all his good.  I was so ignorant and harsh towards him.   

Without even knowing myself, tears gathered at my eyes and started to roll helplessly all over my face.  I rushed to him and be apologetic for my gesture earlier.  The smile was all over his face and he forgave me so easily. 

Loss of my favorite camera case wasn't a good thing but it turns out to be that way.  It taught me a lesson.  To be accurate, it reminded me of the basic, simple and fundamental yet important theory which I tend to overlook over time: treasuring and relishing the ones which are really or most important for my life. 

We must always appreciate what we have.  Sometimes, the greed or the hierarchy of needs of human beings also make us overlook to appreciate what we already have.  We try to chase after the ones which are missing to us, especially those that are better.  For instance, after getting a small house, some of us sometimes feel unsatisfied with it over time and set a new goal to get a bigger house.  We forget to appreciate the house we already have.  We keep envying those who have a nice big and grand house and we really wish ourselves for the similar thing.  At that point, we are forgetting those who could not afford to buy even a small one we own.  Until some homeless people flashed our mind, we might keep having the psychological misery by living up on a bigger dream.

"Appreciation" is truly important, don't you agree?  It'll make us feel contented and happy.  When we appreciate, we will take care of them really well.  When we take care of those which are important to us, it'll only bring positive effects and benefits in return.  For instance, when we really take care of our eyes, it will go extra miles than the ones which are being abused.  Relishing the relationships with our loved ones will only keep the relationship stronger and last forever.  It's like a win-win situation.

 I'm glad that I come to my senses before it's too late.  I always want to live a regret and guilt free life yet I still got caught myself into overlooking this.  This fundamental theory is not something new but some of us tend to miss it every once in a while.  Now that I learnt and I'm going to live on a positive and happy life from now onward by relishing every single one which really matters to me.  I'll never fail to appreciate and let them slip.  No doubt for sure and I assure myself that it'll be up and above 100%!!!! :P  This blog is a first milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment