Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

~ For the hand that rocks the cradle
  Is the hand that rules the world ~

This is what I often recited as a young kid. 

When Sophie and Michelle each presented me with an invitation from their preschool for Mother's Day celebration by saying "Mommy, you need to be there, okay?", there was absolutely nothing which stopped me from saying no of course.  How could I resist those two little sweet faces with big expectations and eagerness on them?

It's such a cute tradition of their preschool which holds Mother's Day tea party every year.  It was Sophie's third time celebration with me but was the first time for Michelle. 

I was grateful that my boss had no objection for leaving early to make there at 3:30pm.  Almost all moms came and it was such a nice and enjoyable moments to spend time with own kids and also to mingle with other moms and kids pairs. 
Sophie told me that it was "mommy and me" which she drew on her card

Both of Sophie and Michelle were so excited to share with me for the arts and crafts work they had done for me.  They each had a card for me and they were simply just so lovely. 

And on Mother's Day morning which fell on last Sunday, Sophie rushed to me in the morning as soon as she woke up.  She wished "Happy Mother's Day!" to me along with the kisses and hugs.  Michelle usually is a copycat of her big sister and she did the same.  Oh, my!  How sweet and ecstatic moment of my life! 

All I know is that love and happiness is in the air.  And it had made me forgotten everything: from the unusual heavy and serious morning sickness (in fact, it was the whole day sickness for me and I could not consume anything including water during the first few months of my pregnancy) to the labor pain during the moment while they were struggling to appear first time into this world along with countless sleepless nights and sacrifices for them.  They all mean nothing to me. 


I love being mom and it makes me feel like everything I've done for them is so worth it.  It's such a rewarding experience to be a mom.

My whole heart is filled with love yet one half is filled with joy and the other half is with sadness when I think about my late mom with whom I would never get a chance to celebrate Mother's Day again.

Thank you so much for all your love, patience, time, sacrifices and every single thing which you had done for me, Mama.  Without you, there is no me.  This might be my Nth time of saying this to you but I mean it with all my heart. 

Happy Mother's Day to you, Mama and every single mom in the world who indeed are the biggest and one of the noblest heroes of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment