Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Save energy within ourselves

Each of us is naturally supplied with a certain amount of energy everyday. The amount of energy we got declines as we grow older though. I used to hear it from my mom who always mourned me of missing her youth days where she was much more energetic and her throughput were at peak. And my aunts, uncles and other elderly also repeat me almost the same thing. It'll take me a while to absolutely get and experience what they meant.

But for sure, I know that I sometimes could not keep up with my little ones at home. How envious I'm of their energies!!!! Most of the times, they always seem to be at a full charge. They could be hype-rs for the whole day which sometimes make me wonder where they got all those energies. I'm really amazed by that.

After getting off from a full time job, keeping up with my energetic little ones sometimes could be tough.

 I've learnt how to use my energy efficiently and sparingly over time. Here are a few of my energy saving tips:

 1) Eat and sleep well. Well, I guess that it's even pointless to mention it here. Who doesn't know it? :P But it's one of the essential and fundamental facts we could not overlook so I'll just go ahead and mention it here anyway. But the truth is that we don't stick on our schedule or regular sleep hour sometimes. At least, it's true for me. A lot of fun activities around us are keeping us to hit bed on time. Surfing net? watching our favorite TV series or movie? Or perhaps some night fun activities? You name it. I bet a lot of us stay up late every once in a while for one reason to another. Then, we will only suffer the next day at work. But guess what? Those sufferings are easily overlooked and we tend to repeat it again. Didn't we? :P

2) I usually try to tackle the most difficult or critical issues at work when I'm most energetic. Mornings work best for me. The same holds true for the activities at home as well. Again, this ain't really anything new, huh? :P But let me share this with you. I used to do checking my emails, responding to family and friends, facebooking, etc as the first things in the morning. Then, I switched to working on whatever I'm supposed to do and get done as the first things in the morning and the result are much improved and my throughput is much higher too.

3) Don't get small things get in my way. I try not to waste my energies on them. I think this really is a good one though. A lot of times, when we get mad to something or someone, it uses up lots of our energies. I've learnt that practicing the anger control or management will save my energies tremendously. More importantly, I don't usually let some little things or frustrations bother me.

One of my coworkers at work is really sensitive. Everyday she comes and complains me for any small little things and she got upset, frustrated, stressed or even mad at times. I realize she could have used her energies more efficiently by ignoring those and focusing on the work done or issues fixed and make the customers happy.

And when I'm exhausted, I always tend to get frustrated and mad. When I think about it, it was just making me to use up the last bits of my energies and more tired and exhausted. But guess what? Most of us know what our bad habits are but just that we couldn't get away ourselves that easily from them.

And also, here is another important and useful tip which I had learnt from my hubby: whenever there got some issues no matter how critical or how minor they are, he never tried to pinpoint, get mad or blame who, why, what, etc. Instead, he looked calm and was always ready with how quickly to fix or address them. He did really make me admire him for that perspective of using our energies in the constructive ways. Nobody's energies are wasted: being mad (by blamer) and being sad or frustrated (by getting blamed). Instead they were diverted to work on the fixes as quickly as possible. I absolutely think this really makes sense.

 4) Try to set a limit or timeout on any of my leisure activities. If I don't limit myself, it'll just keep going on and on and on. For instance, when I play a game, I usually told myself that I would stop after this game. But the truth is I kept myself going one after another. With so much eager to get a better score, I excused myself one time after another and just kept going. Yeah, you got me right there! What I got in return of it was that tiredness or exhaustiveness. And most of the times, it always make me feel regretted for not using my tiny little spare time more efficiently instead of wasting time on such activities. Oh well... :P

5) Meditation!  I haven't done it for quite a while but I know that it helps.   It usually makes me calm and gets me a better concentration or focus.  It's like an energy replenisher to me :)

These are small little things and everyone knows about them. But most of us really love ourselves and hate restraining ourselves from something. Keeping up with them requires us to do some restrictions to ourselves and that's where the problem lies. Guess that those are the roots of our bad habits are.

As a full-time working mom, I gotta keep up with my schedule. So, those really help me to make my energies go extra miles even though each of the pointer doesn't seem like a big deal to be mentioned here. Save those precious energies and use them positively and efficiently. And the result doesn't disappoint me. So save energy, stay green and happy everyone! :D


"Energy, not time, is our most precious resource" (Loehr and Schwartz) 
“Enthusiasm finds the opportunities and energy makes the most of them” (Henry S. Haskins)  


No comments:

Post a Comment