Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Come, Come, Come and Sing!


Sophie got her very first singing recital from her After School about two weeks ago.  I've been  meaning to write a post for her but was getting so busy and haven't accomplished it yet as I wish. Well, I gotta admit that procrastination plays part of it too since I was lazy to copy over the pictures and video clips from the phone to the computer so that I could upload some to my post :)

As an excited mom for my girl's first recital, I prepared to charge all batteries of my camera, my video camera, my phone and whatever device I can use to take or record her performances.  Electronic recording gadgets overloading.... :P

Everything was in order and we were off to go the venue where she would be performing her recital only to find out that my camera got the missing battery which I apparently forgot to put it back after charging.  Ahhhhh...  What's a failure!

Other than blaming to myself, there weren't much I could do :(  And the light setting was so dim and the color appearing in our video camera looked liked sepia or so.  Another under preparation or failure at my end for the gadget we hardly use these days, just because we're lazy to bring it to everywhere even though its small size.  I'm sure that we could have figured something out for the better and more vibrant color recording by it with some advanced testing and preps.  Then, I was given no choice but only stuck with camera/video camera of our iPhones.

And guess what?  Everything tried to go against me on that day.  I rushed to take a seat at the second row so that I would be able to take a good recording of her performance only to find out that I picked the wrong side.  There was a center aisle and seating arrangement rows were on each side of the aisle.  I picked the right hand side of the center aisle's middle seating of the second row.  That's the opposite far end of where Sophie would be standing on the stage.

There were a group of about 10 girls doing the performance altogether and Sophie stood at the leftmost end.  So I was barely able to see her from the place I was sitting.  I asked her to come to rightmost end so that I would get a good picture of her but she just stuck to stay at her position there as it was the position arranged by her teacher she insisted.  What can I say?

There were two other parents sitting on my left hand side who seemed to be parents of one of those 10 girls in Sophie's chorus.  They were also recording their daughter's performance so I was not in a position to get out of my seating and moved to a different seating to get a better view of her.  I didn't want to be a very annoying mom who is super-excited so she would do anything to get a good view or recording of her kids by getting in other people's way or blocking view of someone else, etc.

So, there was nothing I could do other than blaming myself once again for not planning ahead by asking Sophie where she would be standing on the stage so that I could pick a seating with a better angle of view accordingly.  Lesson learnt is to do more planning and preparation next time.  Sigh!!!

Other than those few hiccups, I was really amazed by she and her group's singing.  They did three songs: two Chinese songs and one English song.  I had to say that they did a great job.  She did learn lots of stuff during her singing class.  Most of all, she loves singing and she had fun and enjoyed her class and recital.  That's what it matters most to us.

At the end of the third song, I was clapping my hands so hard to give her a big applaud.  It was just a recital and I could have been more proud if she is to do her individual performance.  Nonetheless, the chorus they did was pretty awesome and cute and it gave me nothing other than a proud mom's ecstasy.  I used to be so anxious for getting on the stage.  Having no stage fright alone makes me so proud of her already.  Well done, girl!  Jia you, Jia you!!



    Pictures and Videos to come..... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment