Monday, December 3, 2012

Beauty of Sisterhood


As a kid, I always wonder what it'll be like having a loving and caring big sister!

Just the other day, we were joking to girls that if Sophie didn't listen to us, she would end up staying with grand parents back in China for some period of time.  To my big surprise, it wasn't Sophie who was scared and shocked. Instead, it was little Michelle who immediately started to cry and yell so anxiously that she wouldn't let her big sister go.  At the same time, she was begging us to let her big sister stay together with her as always.

I was so amazed and touched by a 4-year old's response and love for her big sister.  It was one of the cutest and sweetest things of sisterhood.  How lovely and sweet!  At the same time, I can't be happier for the love and attachment they have for each other.



When Michelle was first sent to the preschool at the age of 2, she cried so hard everyday for coping with new environment: new teachers, new school, new friends, etc.  I was told by girls' preschool teacher that Sophie usually came to Michelle's side (as she's in Pre-K side and Michelle's at Toddler side), stayed, kept company, comforted her little sister all the time.  All of her teachers praised her for being a very good caring big sister!

Even though the rocky and distant relationship I got with my big brother, I never want that it'll be the case for my girls.  We used to be very close and he used to a very loving and caring big bro until things started to flip him over.  Or may be it was him who started to flip things around him.  Either way, when things started not to work out for us, I started to mourn for a big sister who is willing to share every inside out with me and who literally is my best friend in this world.

I'm so glad that girls are naturally and instinctually embracing the blessings of sisterhood they're getting.  I can't be happier for their lovely gestures, mutual love and care towards each other.  This is sweeter than any sweet in the world!  Keep it up, girls!  Let this precious love glow all the way through!



"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."

"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."

"What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it?" ~ Jenny DeVries

No comments:

Post a Comment