Monday, December 10, 2012

In the pursuit of alone time

As a kid I used to be really envious of those successful grown ups with super busy schedule for some reasons :)  I still remember that I used to pretend play like I'm a director or an executive who was so busy that she didn't even have time for her lunch or dinner at times. 

Little did I know that Buddha would grant my wish one day, not being a director or an executive but a super busy working mom :P 

As I've already mentioned in several other blogs, struggling between a full-time job and trying to fulfill the housewife and mom role usually leaves me as a very exhausting one who got very little or almost no energy at the end of the day.  I couldn't even remember that there got how many nights that I fall into asleep before girls had fallen asleep while I was putting them asleep. :D

I find out that I'm not alone when other moms shared the exact same thing with me during Thanksgiving party at Michelle's preschool.  Regardless of stay-home moms or working ones, we as moms got the exact same topmost wish list.  Guess what?  It is to have own little personal time at the end of each day of course.

Well, didn't I just mention earlier that I barely got enough energy just to go and sleep by the time those little ones go to bed?  You heard me right.  Then, stretching out the last chunk of energy to its max possibility for the pleasure of one's personal free time aka so-called independence time of mine is the one and only solution as one could imagine of course :P

It was all good until my heavy eyes and tiring body are softly killing me at work the next day.  Then, I would swear to myself that I wouldn't stay up late for the night again but "it depends" is the only promise as good as I could make to myself I guess. 

Why?  Whenever the overwhelming desire for having my own little personal time re-appears, the vow I had made earlier could nowhere be found.  Just like that the same pattern repeats and life goes on... :P

Enjoying tiny little spare time out of exhaust or having fun with tiredness for the lost independence I'm trying to claim or just feeding my minds to quench the thirst of independence or whatever you name it.  It really satisfies one for that time being no matter what payoff I gotta make.  I'm sure that there got so many of us as busy parents in the same boat hear me well. 

Hmmm... I don't think we should be guilty for trying to pursue own spare time and pleasure every once in a while as I do believe that parents need time outs too.  I don't think I have heart to leave him alone with girls for mom getaway for a short break or timeout.  But I could become desperate for the pursuit of alone time at times.  "Desperate mom the alone time seeker" is the title for me?  You name it and I'll take it :P


No comments:

Post a Comment