Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home-Sweet-Home

Ever since I was a kid, one of the things which I always wanted is to have a beautiful house in which my happy family would live in.  Yes, it’s so-called “Home-Sweet-Home”.


He fulfilled my dream a couple of years ago.  I was so thrilled that we managed to get a brand new house.  The house buying process was so fun yet it was so stressful as well.  Overall, I would say that it was a fun process and the best part was choosing the design options for our home.  If we were to buy a second hand house then we would not be able to experience it.

These teddy bear cups are the ones which I brought all the way from Singapore to here
A nice and comfy couch is a must for our living room :P
My favorite place at home. Nothing is more comfortable and satisfying than wrapping up myself, laying here and enjoying the TV during winter :P

Our home office

One of my favorite spots at home or my weekend workshop for testing new recipes

Sophie enjoying her new bed

Michelle's future bed

Christmas decoration at home

I love designing and decorating the house.   There’re always some projects to do for our home.  I love doing so to our home so far but there still got pending and on-hold decorations.   For instance, I always wanted to decorate the bathroom as one of the most enjoyable places in the house.   As I love perfume and fragrance, I would like to decorate it with some dry and fragrance flower petals.  Also, I want to hang some pictures and paintings.  I want to put a narrow and very tall corner table with the flower vase on top.  Last not least, I want to have a sound system implemented there.   Can you imagine what a pleasant place to be in there with such decorations and arrangements?  But he does not like fragrances so it’s out.  As the girls are still so young, I could not put the flower vase since they might just knocked it down so easily and it gonna be broken into pieces  in no time.  Still, I’m not giving it up yet and it’ll be my future project :P

Retaining walls: design and implemented by him :D



He loves landscaping and D.I.Y projects.   When we got our home, the backyard was so wild and muddy land during the rainy seasons.  He designed the concrete for our backyard.  And he built the retaining walls so that we could grow some plants and veggies there. 
Home grown tomatoes
Home grown eggplants
Home grown strawberries
Home grown sunflower
Home grown green beans and zucchini
Me with home grown zucchini

For this spring, his DIY project was to landscape our front yard.   There is an extra space in our front yard which was previously sprinkled with the barks.  To maximize the space, we’ve been wanting to lay the paver stones there so that our front yard would be much more spacious.   He implemented his idea recently.    Every spring always keeps him busy with the yard work.


And I always love the swing and he setup the swing there.  The girls love them so much as well.   They  were busy taking turn pushing each other and were giggling and laying next to each other on it.  That was so much fun and I was so pleased to see it.   Having a swing at home is my another dream and it has finally been materialized.

And we are thinking to put a small water fountain or a flower pot next to the swing.  More DIY projects will be coming along the way.
One of the best spots to hang out to have BBQ or have breakfast or dinner during summer :D
 
Our home is not very big but it’s just a good size for all four of us.  So does our yard.  Sophie once told us that she wanted a bigger house with a bigger yard.   Who doesn’t want a bigger and a better house?

Yet I still do appreciate what we currently have.  I’m quite satisfied with our home.  Every time we came back from a trip or every time I got home I feel like this is our place.  I always feel so secure and comfortable being at home.  It’s a place where I got all the freedom: I can do and stay whatever way I want.  I don’t have to care and concern about others.  This is the place where we belong. 

 



It does not really matter whether it’s a small one or a big one; a grand one or a poor one; it has a bigger yard or a smaller yard; it has a nice decoration or a simple decoration.   Even if it’s a grand palace, if the happiness can nowhere be sought then it’s just so meaningless.  Even if it’s a wall-less hat and with the leaking roof, if it’s overwhelmed by the love it’s the most enjoyable place for the family to stay.


All it matters is having a happy family residing in the house.  That’s what makes our house a home-sweet-home.  Our home is where our hearts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment