Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ice Cream Temptation


We love Sizzler and so do the girls.   Having one which is very close to where we live make us more frequent visits there.  It's no doubt that the Salad Bar is one of the main inviting reasons for our visits there.  And every time we go there, an ice-cream is a must for the girls.  And I'm always on as long as it's an ice-cream of course. 

In fact, we went there just yesterday.   So, just like every single visit there, I have to get the ice-cream for them.   While I was getting it for them, it made me really drool.  But I have been having a lot of junk lately and I swear myself to skip the ice-cream during that visit right before I had entered the restaurant.    Well, a lot of times I did the similar thing but I usually ended up not being able to control myself and having a little bit of it at least. 

How could I resist an ice-cream?   It's at the topmost list of my favorites.  By the way, I prefer to eat it plain, without having any other toppings or additives such as nuts, chocolate chips, gummy, crushed peanuts, etc.  To me, they deteriorate the ice-cream flavor.  But chocolate, caramel or strawberry syrup are fine though. 
When there is an ice-cream, I could skip almost anything.  The ice-cream itself could be my lunch or dinner.   I know it's really incredible but I did. 

When I had started dating with him,  he was so amazed by it.  He asked what was my favorite thing to eat and I replied it was ice-cream.  I still remember it was at the canteen of NUH (National University Hospital, Singapore).  He got me a quart of strawberry flavor ice-cream box.   He was so shocked to learn that I had finished it in no time while we were chatting.  But, you know what?  He asked me whether I wanted another box of ice-cream.  Well, what do you think?  He just won my heart so he of course was overjoyed and wanted to make me happy and was willing to do whatever I wanted to do without any second thoughts at that point.  Guess what?  I of course said YES.   Then he got me another flavor of 1 Quart box and I finished it all as well.   LOL

What's a remarkable memory!  And also it's the memory which was talked often between us later.  By the way, it was my first treat of ice-cream in Singapore, that's why.  Hope it makes you feel slightly better though :P

Actually, it was one of the incidents and there got countless ones.  I think it was my second time when he got me another strawberry flavor ice-cream.  I don't remember exactly but it was pretty big and I think it's about half a gallon box.   He stopped me after I had finished about the half by then.  He wanted to scared me by saying that I could end up just like a little pig if I kept eating ice-cream that way.  LOL  Well, I know the consequence but it's just that I could not help when I see it.   Regardless, an ice-cream has been one of the essential items in my freezer.  

As I'm getting older, I'm also getting better with controlling myself.  It's not definitely a healthy food I know.  I make up my mind that it's just a dessert and thus I should eat it as a dessert, not to replace my meal anymore :P  It was one little crazy moment of my life when I recall now.   

 I don't think I would be able to do it again now, not because I don't like it as much as I do before, but because I know it's not healthy for me so I learn to control myself.  Even then when I see it, I must have it as a dessert.  But yesterday, I was able to resist the temptation.  When I came out of the restaurant, I felt so good that I was able to control myself and went against my will.  Hopefully I could get myself on a healthier diet along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment