Friday, March 11, 2011

Is "2012" proving to be true?

It's a beautiful day when I woke up this morning until I've learnt about the strike of 8.9 magnitude of earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  Oh, my God!  A thought of a couple of my friends in Japan made me sighed and I sincerely and really wish that all of them are safe.  As much as I do hope that my friends there are safe, I really wish that the impact is minimal and all other people over there are safe as well.  And yes, it also brings me up another life theory which we tend to forget: "Life is Short and Fragile".  Here in Sacramento which is thousands of miles far away from Japan, we're enjoying such a nice day with blue sky yet those people in Japan are suffering the hell at the same time.  Reading the aftermath news are still really shocking.  I try to picture them in my eyes and I try to put myself at their place just to think and I'm like "Oh, My Gosh!" I could not think any further. 

A series of thoughts are rapidly streaming through my head with all the mixed feelings after learning this news.  I felt so sorry and sympathized for those in Japan who are lost and suffering the sadness and aftershocks from this cruel disaster.  On the other hand, I felt so grateful for the fact that none of my loved ones including myself were not suffered from such ferocious disaster.   All these mixed feelings are spinning in my head and it's so much to take them altogether simultaneously.

And realizing the fact that all different sorts of huge disasters which are happening all around the world recently makes me think of 2012 movie as well.  Think about the tsunami in Phuket, followed by that great shot in Chile, Cyclone in Burma and the huge suffering in Szechuan, China, and the recent earthquake in New Zealand, just to name a few.  I do not believe such a thing as "end of the world" but is it really convincing to me now?  Oh, is the world proving to come to an end as said and predicted by the Mayan calender?  I hope not. 

As I'm capturing the sense of "Life is fragile", it makes me appreciate my family: my husband and my girls more.  We need to enjoy and love each other, and appreciate the current moment as we can.  We don't know what tomorrow will bring us.  Yes, it's just exactly Buddha's theory.  So, be nice, appreciate and treat and help each other well while we can and before the world comes to the end.  And let's pray and hope the best for those in Japan.  They sure are in my prayers.  I have faith that 2012 is not the end of the world or anywhere near to it.  But let's hope and pray for no more disasters and such sufferings around the world!


Devastation in Japan due to tsunami and quake (this picture is cited from Yahoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment