Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My first exercise days

It has been ages that I haven't exercised. Okay, I lie. It's not that long but perhaps it might have been about 2 years already. If running around at home to go after my girls and doing house chores are considered to be exercise then be it. But what I mean is the actual exercise which I intentionally do to keep myself fit. I used to walk around the office area with my ex-coworkers during the lunch time or the break time. Ever since I left from that job, I haven't done any exercise particularly, except taking the stairs to the third floor where my office is instead of taking the elevator.


Gym? I would love to. But with a full-time job, two little toddlers and a bunch of housework, how do I find time to go there? Well, we used to go to UCDavis gym before as my husband works there. But it was when my mother-in-law was here so we were able to find some time for exercises while she was looking after Sophie.

I've been wanting to do some exercises during the lunch time as it's the only time that suits me the most. During the weekends, I have my family and my girls so I don't want to take any time taking away from them. I was lazy to go out by myself as well, especially during the winter as it's so cold outside. Yesterday, one of my coworkers asked me to go for a walk. We went to the State Capitol area. It was not a very long distance but it was a good distance to serve me as a warm-up exercise after a long break at least.

      This is one part of the park which I walked around today

She's not available today and another coworker asked me out and I said yes of course. She brought me to this park in the south to the other end of my office. It's a large park indeed with a big pond in the middle. There is also a big playground area so I should bring my husband and my girls here next time during the weekend. I'm sure they will love it. While they are playing, we could take turn to walk or jog around the park.



I've opted just to walk while she was jogging. Jogging will be too much for me at this point. Guess what? I've completed two laps. Not too bad, huh? I think I've walked about 4 or 5 miles today. It's supposed to have the scatter rain today but the weather was cooperating just now and it was simply a good day with enough sunshine to keep me warm. As I'm afraid that it would be chilly so I brought my thick jacket. On the way back to the office, I was even sweating a bit. Oh, I feel soooo good. I'm sure that I have done enough today to break the calories down for the chicken biryani which I had for lunch before going out for a walk. And I'm glad that I'm back on track. I need to keep myself up. Jiayou!  Jiayou!

          A big pond in the middle of the park; Nice day and nice view isn't it?  And yes, nice workout too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment