Friday, March 18, 2011

Pre-Birthday Thoughts

My birthday is getting closer.  I just happen to talk about my birthday with my aunt.  She said "I'm getting one year wiser".  Oh, yeah, it was so nice of her and that's a good way to put it.  In fact, I'm getting one year older.  Who could possibly deny that?


When I was a kid, I always feel that it's so slow to grow up.  I wanted to be a grown-up faster so that I would have enough freedom to do anything I wish to do, without having to get scared of teachers at school and parents at home.  I simply thought that an adult could do whatever they want to do and it would be just so good.  I remember that one of my big uncles kept telling me that he wanted to go back to his childhood days and be a kid, just like me. I didn't get it.  What's the point?  He said I would understand him when I grew older.  I was like: "Oh, really?  Well, I don't think I will." That's what I was thinking in my mind when he said that.  Of course, I didn't respond to him though. 



Well, I'm now a grown-up whom I want to be when I was a kid.  And I really get what he meant now.  I sometimes miss and wish those carefree days back.  Every year when my birthday is approaching, I feel like the time flies so fast.  Especially when I see my girls growing, it make me realize more that I'm getting older.  Just like that, Sophie will be going to kindergarten soon.  And Michelle gonna join her soon and just like that they will be the university students.  Before I could realize myself, I'll soon be a middle-aged lady and they will be teenagers.  Oh, I really don't wish to grow older anymore at this point.  Even if I couldn't be younger, I will be satisfied if I could be at my current age and will not grow anymore.  My thoughts are going reverse now.

It took so long to be a grown up but it goes too fast to be an elderly person.  I'm just wondering that how many people feel and wonder the same way as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment