Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Surprise Presents!

When I received a voice message from my youngest uncle about the presents for Sophie and Michelle during a couple of weeks ago, I was surprised to learn it as I was not expecting one. In fact, I was so thrilled to be receiving one. It would be the first presents I got from my home country which is about 8000 miles far away from here ever since I've got here. And it's also the first presents I got from my family other than my parents.

Well, I had often received stuff and food from my parents when I was in Singapore. And monthly pocket money along with the cards from Uncle Mike. When he went to US to present his paper in the conferences; my aunts and uncles here sent me some presents via him while he was meeting with them. And when my youngest uncle (who is the same person) came and visited here last time, he brought me a bunch of food which I like and which I haven't had them for a long long time. So, it's not the first time I receive the presents but what made this one so special? Because it was specially bundled for us and came from a thousand of miles while I was not expecting.

I also feel like I'm in their thoughts. I really felt the love and care from them. Every present is special to me. It's not that the value of the presents which matter. It's the love, care and warmth which comes with the presents. Especially this one which travels thousands of miles to reach us. In the voice message, he told me that it's some clothes for my girls. We were planning to go to San Francisco to get the package from the carrier. Then, Uncle Mike told me that he could bring them for me since we haven't met with him for quite a while. He not only brought them to us but also treated with a yummy lunch at Italian restaurant. What else could be better?

And when I opened the package after getting home with the presence of the girls, they were so thrilled to see the pretty dresses. I could not help but just let them try it on. There are two pairs of dresses for each of them: one is white and another is pink. They started out with white and then pink. Michelle usually does not like to put on the dress. Even she got convinced to see the pretty dress on her sister and was asking me to put it on her as well. And Sophie already got a plan. She said she would wear the pink one on her upcoming birthday since pink is her favorite and the white one for her next birthday. How's sweet!


And last not least, there was a present for me as well. My favorite "Dried Salty Fish(Nga-Poke-Pyar-Chauk)". Oh, my! I can't wait. I love it to have with the fried rice. Watch out neighborhood! That means I might potentially gonna give you some smell soon. LOL... Well, it's a fragrance to me though of course.

Precious dried salty fish from my uncle

Thank you so much, uncle and Kyi Kyi for sending these precious presents to us. More importantly, it's your thoughts, love and care which you sent along with those presents which make me feel so warm in my heart. I really appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment